Did you know that making good food choices every day could help you have a healthier heart, prevent some diseases and positively affect many other medical conditions? At the Outpatient Nutrition Clinic for Medical Nutrition Therapy at Northwest Community Healthcare (NCH), registered dietitian nutritionists (RDNs) can teach you how to make better choices when you're shopping, preparing or ordering food.
It's never too late to develop healthy eating habits, whether to manage a disease or just improve your general well-being. Our RDNs provide personalized counseling sessions to help you establish appropriate meal plans.
The nutrition clinic is open to everyone, though a doctor’s referral is necessary. Please contact your insurance company regarding coverage for this service.
Our RDNs are available to help you with a wide range of dietary recommendations related to:
- Weight control for adults
- High cholesterol/triglycerides for adults
- Basic nutrition guidelines
- Prenatal nutrition and lactation
- Balanced vegetarian eating
- Food allergies and intolerance
Patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes
At NCH, we provide a wide range of services for those with type 1 and type 2 diabetes as well as in-depth educational and nutrition programs. We feel the more you know about type 1 and type 2 diabetes, the better you will be able to manage the disease. And because we know the disease impacts more than just the patient, family members are encouraged to join in our various diabetes education programs.
Individual personalized services at NCH
- Outpatient medical nutrition therapy
- Glucose monitoring
- Medication instruction
- Healthy living skills
- Emotional support
- Outpatient services for women with gestational diabetes, including nutrition therapy
- Glucose meter loan program
- External insulin pump program
Easy access and personalized care
- Staff expertise with nurses and dietitians, all Certified Diabetes Educators
- Convenient, evening appointments available Monday through Thursday
- We communicate with your physician after every visit
- When appropriate, patients receive a free glucose meter with first appointment
- The American Diabetes Association awarded NCH Diabetes Services with the Education Recognition Certificate