The ability to perform daily activities and maintain independence requires strong muscles, balance and endurance. Regular physical activity or exercise helps to improve and prevent the decline of muscle strength, balance and endurance, all risk factors for falling. Balance plays an important role in everyday activities such as walking, getting up out of a chair or leaning over to pick up a grandchild. Balance problems at the NCH Wellness Center can reduce your independence by interfering with activities of daily living.
- Personal Training -Our trainers can help seniors identify exercises based on their needs, teach proper form, and provide encouragement along the way.
- N-STRETCH™ Flexibility Training Program- Provided by personal training staff that are trained as Flexibility Technicians, these training sessions are designed to prevent flexibility loss that occurs with aging, improve functional performance, increase blood circulation and much more!
- Pilates Reformer-The ability to modify exercises to meet differing needs, along with the many benefits of the Pilates method, such as increased levels of strength, balance, flexibility, muscle tone, stamina, and well-being, make Pilates an essential senior exercise program. After all, Joseph Pilates practiced his method into his eighties!
- Tai Chi- Tai chi is often described as "meditation in motion," but it might well be called "medication in motion." There is growing evidence that this mind-body practice, which originated in China as a martial art, has value in treating or preventing many health problems. In this low-impact, slow-motion exercise, you go without pausing through a series of motions named for animal actions. Tai chi improves balance and, according to some studies, reduces falls.
Research has proven that massage reduces blood pressure and increases blood flow to the entire body, especially the vulnerable extremities.
- Signature Massage uses oils from cypress and rosemary to increase circulation, develop stronger agility and flexibility and balance mental wellness – all of which contribute to stabilizing blood pressure.
- Head, Neck and Shoulder Massage will reduce headaches, stress and irritability which are brought on by neck tension.
- Reflection of Energy Massage will allow you to disengage from stress.
- Raindrop Massage uses a multitude of preselected oils from plant and flower to extract their healing properties. These oils are applied on strategic points on the body to balance your emotions, mental and physical state of being