The Community Nurse Program serves two unique populations who often have difficulty navigating the healthcare system: under-resourced individuals and older adults. Despite the passage of the Affordable Care Act, many community members still lack insurance; and those who were able to enroll in Medicaid have difficulty obtaining care, due to a shortage of providers and high demand at community clinics.
A bilingual community nurse at the Community Resource Center works with patients to assess their immediate needs and works collaboratively with the community clinics, to accommodate urgent cases and provides referrals.
Community nurses also address the unique healthcare needs of older adults through prevention and education. The community nurses help address those needs through chronic disease management, medication management, diabetes support groups, healthy cooking demonstrations, nutritional counseling, blood pressure screenings and walk-in office hours. All services are free.
Arlington Heights Senior Center
- 1801 W. Central Road, Arlington Heights
- 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. (no appointment necessary)
Community Resource Center
- 1585 N. Rand Road, Palatine (se habla español)
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
- Hours vary. Appointments are recommended, but not required.
- One Illinois Boulevard, Hoffman Estates
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
- 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (no appointment necessary)